If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy seafood dish to make in your air fryer, look no further than this easy air fryer sea bass recipe! This dish is packed with nutrients that are essential for optimal mental health, including omega-3 fatty acids, selenium, and vitamin B6. And cooking Chilean sea bass in the air fryer is so quick and easy
Air Fryer Chilean Sea Bass Ingredients & Mental Health Benefits
Chilean sea bass is the heart of this recipe and the star of the mental health benefits.
- Mediterranean diet: The Mediterranean diet pattern is the gold standard for optimal mental health. And fish is the primary animal source of the Mediterranean diet.
- Omega-3 fats: While sea bass isn’t as high in omega-3s as some other fish, it is still an excellent source. And it’s a good source of the most important omega-3 fats, EPA and DHA. Omega-3 fatty acids play a vital role in brain function and mental health. They reduce inflammation and improve mood.
- Selenium: A 3-ounce serving of sea bass provides 31 mcg of selenium, which is over half of the RDA. Selenium is an antioxidant mineral. It has been linked with lower levels of depression and anxiety.
- Vitamin B6: A 3-ounce serving of sea bass provides 0.34 mg of vitamin B6, which is 26% of the RDA. Vitamin B6 shows promise in reducing depression symptoms.
>Extra-virgin olive oil
Extra-virgin olive oil is also a primary part of the Mediterranean diet, and it is high in monounsaturated fat (one of the healthy fats).
How to Cook Sea Bass in an Air Fryer
Preheat your air fryer to 350°F. If your fish is in one piece, cut it in half and pat the fish dry with a paper towel to help the seasoning to stick.
Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Brush the mixture evenly on all sides of the fish. Use all of the mixture.
Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray after it is preheated, and add the fish skin side down (if it has skin). Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Flip the fish halfway through the cooking time.
Remove the fish and squeeze more lemon juice on the fish, if desired.
Air Fryer Chilean Sea Bass Tips & FAQ
Yes, sea bass is a more expensive fish. I wait until it is on sale, and it is still a special occasion meal at our house.
Sea bass does often have mercury, so you want to limit your intake to no more than 3 (4 ounce) servings per month. Pregnant and nursing women and children should eat even less.
Roasted vegetables, a salad, or whole grains make excellent side dishes for sea bass. In the picture, you can see that I laid the sea bass on a bed of my Garlic Tricolor Quinoa along with my Frozen Butternut Squash in the Air Fryer, green beans, and a lemon wedge.
If you’re looking for an easy, delicious, and healthy recipe that can also help improve your mental health, give this air fryer sea bass a try. You won’t be disappointed. And who knows, maybe it’ll become one of your favorite special occasion meals!
Easy Air Fryer Sea Bass
- 8 oz sea bass
- 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- Cut the fish into 2 pieces and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and brush evenly on all sides of the fish.
- When the air fryer is preheated, spray the basket with cooking spray and add the fish skin side down (if it has skin).
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Flip halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove the fish from the air fryer and squeeze additional lemon juice on the fish, if desired.